The pool can be located on the street or inside the room and operated in different conditions. The ideal option for decorating the bowl is facing the surface with tiles. Finishing mixes and glue should not affect the quality of water or be a medium for the propagation of microorganisms, therefore, appropriate compositions are selected. Tiled material must also have special qualities and meet certain criteria.
Tile for outdoor pool must meet the following requirements:
- be moisture resistant. Low water absorption will help the tile to remain and not to collapse under the influence of water. Tiles with a glazed surface and a finely porous structure possess such qualities;
- durability, reliability of the tile. The coating acquires these characteristics when firing the material at high temperatures. The peculiarities of the process - when baking, the particles "stick together" and create a tile with a very dense structure. During this process, pores / voids should not form in the tile body, as they negatively affect the density of the material. The coating must withstand high water pressure;
- rounded corners ensure the safety of swimmers. Otherwise, with the slightest flaw in styling (protruding edge), there is a possibility of injury to body parts or a skin cut;
- anti-slip pool tiles can guarantee safety in the bowl. Separate types of tiles provide anti-slip due to different features: the surface of the clinker tile has a rough texture, the corrugated tile has a non-uniform texture. Due to the small size of the mosaic tile and a large number of tile joints, there is also a non-slip effect;
- frost resistance is characteristic of the tile, which is used for cladding outdoor pools. The material must withstand several cycles of strong temperature changes. As an example: porcelain stoneware can hold 25 freezing cycles, and the clinker tile for the pool is about 300.
Classification of the decor for swimming pools is made according to the parameters of anti-skid: products are tested for the slope of the surface. If the bare foot does not slide off at 12˚, then the material is classified as class A (suitable for arranging walkways), respectively 18 is class B (for areas in showers, near the sides) and 24˚ is class C (areas near the pool and steps ).
For floor cladding do not use large tiles, which is caused by the action of greater pressure exerted by water. The optimal size is 125x245 mm or 150x150 mm.
The glass tile for the pool is of high quality. The mosaic is stronger than ordinary glass and has the following advantages:
- ideal for lining uneven / curved surfaces and creating panels or different color combinations (the most common are blue and green);
- hygienic and resistant to chemicals and acids;
- has maximum water resistance (the ability of the material not to absorb and not pass water until the hydrostatic pressure reaches a certain value);
- high rate of frost - withstands about 100 cycles;
- excellent color fastness - the material retains the brightness of shades with prolonged exposure to solar radiation.
Disadvantages: high cost and slippery surface (therefore, it is recommended to use material for finishing the walls of the pool).
Mosaic tiles for a pool bowl are fixed on a special grid and are produced in special tiles - chips, the size of which is different.
For pools, mix chips are used (with shades of the same color) or stretching from a tile of different tones. Tiles under wood or colored panels look original and unusual. To create a picture of a mosaic can be cut into centimeter or two centimeter squares. At the same time drawing is assembled by hand.
Laying of material is carried out on carefully leveled surfaces. Preliminary it is recommended to process coatings with waterproofing compounds. For gluing mosaics using a white adhesive composition (other shades can change the color of the coating).
Ceramic tile for pools
Continuous improvement of tile quality has improved the characteristics of the material. Thanks to special technologies, tile for the pool has acquired an increased density of the structure, and its porosity has decreased.
- strength and durability;
- esthetic appearance;
- high water repellency;
- hygiene and safety;
- simple care.
Tiling of the pool is carried out only porcelain products and some clinker species. Only these types of ceramics have sufficiently low moisture absorption.
Porcelain tile (a mixture of white clay, kaolin, quartz and feldspar) is pressed in a special way, reducing the porosity of the structure. Then the material is fired at 1273-1310. As a result, all components are melted and compacted, giving the mixture a high density and special mechanical strength. The material has the lowest water absorption rate - 0.01%.
For the production of clinker tiles used slate refractory clay. After firing at high temperatures - from 1230 to 1470˚С, the floor tile for the pool gains the strength of the stone and it is almost impossible to scratch it.
Advantages are also: long service life, high frost resistance (about 300 cycles), minimal moisture absorption (about 3-4%) - it practically does not absorb water, effective texture (which can last for more than a decade). For laying on the floor of the pool is used square tiles with sides of 150 mm. Traditional clinker shades are a red palette (from brown to orange).
Laying tiles in the pool
Most often, decorative decor is sold in collections consisting of specially selected elements (panels, friezes, background tiles).
The key to high-quality lining of the bowl are properly conducted preparatory stages. As a rule, the bowl is made of concrete and has a monolithic appearance. The surface is rarely even, the main defects: uneven form, uneven application of primer, dirty surface. To eliminate these drawbacks, the surface is washed, leveled and ground.
- Conducted waterproofing bowl with special formulations intended for a long stay under water.
- The surface is necessarily treated with a polymer primer. It is possible to begin facing works in five days.
- The choice of adhesive mixture should be given maximum attention. Only a few compounds are able to withstand the constant effects of water, so to increase the adhesion of the tile to the concrete wall, it is recommended to add latex to the glue. For the correct application of the adhesive composition, a notched trowel is used (selected to fit the tile size). To maintain the distance between the individual parts using plastic crosses.
- Is laying tile. If there are doubts about the quality of the material, it is better to clarify this issue in advance - read the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Of particular importance is the processing of inter-seam joints. The seams between the tiles in the pool are left wider than during normal work. The surface of each tile under high pressure slightly bends, which leads to the expansion of the tile. With narrow seams tile begins to slowly crack and collapse.
- When choosing sealants for grouting, it must be borne in mind that not every composition tolerates long-term exposure to the chemical environment (chlorine and other liquids are added to the water), therefore the grout for tiles in the pool should tolerate not only the effects of water, but also the aggressive chemical environment . The hue of the grout is matched to the main tile or in a contrasting color.
- The drying time of the decorative coating is determined by the condition of the repair work, characteristics of the primer, adhesive, sealant. When the air temperature is from + 21˚ С, the period from 15 to 22 days is required for the pool to completely dry.
Stationary outdoor pools made of concrete are the most durable and durable. Bowls with quality work look better and last longer than those in which the finishing was done hastily. All stages of repair should be carried out slowly and carefully, with observance of technological terms.