When the issue of housing design becomes relevant, every nuance is especially important. Let's pay attention to a great option for wall cladding: decorative Venetian plaster, which can be either an addition to the finished interior design, since its texture and general appearance are perfectly combined with classic and baroque, or be the best basis for creating a new look of the room. If you prefer the second option, then under the Venetian floor choose furniture and decor in the apartment.
Types of Venetian plaster:
- "Veneto" - this is the most common type of Venetian marbled plaster, which is characterized by an acceptable cost and ease of application. The surface, which is obtained by such finishing, does not require special care during operation. In addition, if you apply a special coating with wax as a finishing layer, you can easily wash such walls. For this reason, such Venetian plaster in the interior of shopping centers, office buildings, firms, is most common.
- "Trevignano". A distinctive feature of this type of Venetian plaster in the interior of the living room is the translucency of the layers, which creates the effect of marble. In addition, a polymer is used as the base. Plaster "Trevignano" is a variety of colors, so any idea can be brought to life. Often, such plaster is used to create exquisite rooms of classic, vintage style, as well as baroque.
- "Marbello". This type of Venetian plaster is characterized by a velvety surface, which is combined with glossy elements. This plaster creates a game of colors, if you look at it in different lighting conditions. Since its composition consists of copolymer additives, it can be used in rooms with high humidity. Marbello is a great solution if you want to use Venetian plaster in the bathroom.
- "Encausto". If you prefer this type of plaster in the hallway, you will get a semi-gloss surface with dark patches, which in appearance, pattern, is very similar to granite. As a finishing layer, it is rational to use wax, which needs to be systematically updated so that the material does not resist moisture.
- "Imperial". This type of plaster differs in that golden pigment is added to its composition. The surface of the plaster is translucent, but it plays with gold glitter and sunlight, gloss. The color range of the presented varieties of Venetian plaster includes several dozen shades.
Each type of Venetian marbled plaster is good and beautiful in its own way, characterized by high quality and exquisite decorative effect.
Among the primary colors that are chosen for Venetian plaster in the bedroom are natural tones that imitate the surface of natural stone: white, beige, emerald, yellow-brown, gray.
Green, blue, gold, bronze and silver palettes are also common.
What is included in the Venetian plaster?
The composition of this finishing material includes all the same components as a few centuries ago, but now the masters prefer synthetics as additives, and this, in turn, spoils the image of such a natural composition.
Venetian decorative plaster consists of:
- stone dust granite, quartz, marble;
- a binder;
At the moment, synthetic materials or polymers are used as a binder. Dyes are also used artificial, but of excellent quality, the color does not fade, it turns out natural. The finishing layer is beeswax.
When should you give preference to Venetian plaster?
- If you need to arrange beautifully large vertical and horizontal surfaces: large rooms, staircases.
- If there are animals in the house that can spoil other more delicate types of cladding.
- The interior idea is to draw attention to certain elements of the decor, and the walls should be neutral, made in soothing colors.
Venetian plaster application technology
Putting the Venetian plaster is the laborious process demanding certain knowledge and skills. Observing a specific technology, such a plaster for wet silk will turn any room into a luxurious housing, which can be supplemented with the most daring interior solutions.
Before you finish decorating Venetian plaster, it is necessary to prepare the surface, align the walls to a perfect condition.
After you apply a special primer and let it dry well. The preparatory stage should be taken very seriously, since this is a guarantee that we can avoid defects in the process of applying the material and creating the desired texture.
After the preparatory stage has been successfully completed, they are committed to applying the first layer, which is tinted, thereby creating the desired background color for the future coating. Painting can be both monophonic, and a combination of several colors. Apply a thin layer of plaster, be sure to evenly, applying a wider spatula than for the following layers. After the first layer has dried, it is sanded and cleaned from dust.
The second layer is chaotic and asymmetric strokes, which should be done very carefully and most importantly quickly. From the technology of movement of the spatula and the force of pressure of the tool depends on the effect that should be expected. Each subsequent layer impose, intersecting with the previous one. And they, connecting with each other, create a pattern in appearance similar to natural stone.
After the last layer dries, it must be polished. The final layer is wax, which makes the plaster waterproof and washable, giving elegance a general appearance. Apply it should be a thin layer, evenly.
Methods of applying Venetian plaster are different, but often the plaster is applied in 3 layers, and the wax coating - in 4 layers. But this is an optional rule, since the “Venetian” can be applied in at least 15 layers - it will only depend on their number how much the transparent coating will turn out in the end, and how much the luminescence will be.
The main advantages of Venetian plaster
- Smooth surface. Many plasters are characterized by the fact that there is an unpleasant sensation of touch, they are rough to the touch. Marble Venetian plaster - smooth, sliding, it is impossible to scratch it.
- Resistant to mechanical stress and damage. In this case, do not touch it with a dirty hand, scratch it or damage it.
- Smooth transitions and lack of joints. Since the imposition of each layer occurs evenly and gradually, the appearance of the wall looks whole.
- Walls can be washed and cleaned. It is better not to expose such plaster to high humidity, but it can withstand washing with water or soapy water. If necessary, you can brush it.
- Universal application, as it is applied on the brickwork, and on the concrete base, and on the tree.
- Venetian plaster in the kitchen will mask all the irregularities, flaws in the walls.
- This type of wall covering is durable, not inferior in its characteristics to stone or ceramic tile.
- Safe coating of walls, as there are no toxic components in the composition of Venetian plaster. Also, it does not emit a smell.
- Plaster "silk" fire-resistant.
- If necessary, if a piece of wall is damaged, it can be restored.
- The design is diverse in color and in appearance.
The main disadvantages of Venetian plaster
The high cost of work and materials. To plaster lay on the wall with high quality, meticulously, artistically, the application must carry out its application. In addition, it creates an individual and exclusive design of the hall, done by hand.
If you decide to change the Venetian plaster to another type of wall covering, you should spend a lot of time and effort to remove this coating. In the future, you need to prepare the wall after dismantling.
A feature that not everyone will like: Venetian plaster on the ceiling glitters a little. This is due to the fact that each layer must be perfectly aligned, wax and a small pearlescent shade are applied.
Since the mineral finishes are not elastic, cracks may appear on the wall. However, if necessary, such wall cladding is subject to repair.
Venetian plaster wall decoration is elegant and beautiful. Of course, the cost of materials and work is significant, however, such a solution will fit into any interior and will look appropriate for a long time. In addition, it is very practical, because if the plaster is dirty or dusty, it can be washed with plain water or soapy water, and it will take the same form.