Traditionally, in the manufacture of curtains for windows, transparent and translucent fabrics such as tulle, organza and veil are used. Their use is so wide that these airy fabrics are used by designers to decorate the windows of rooms of various sizes and styles. Spectacular and beautiful curtains of the veil can decorate the living room, nursery, kitchen and other rooms in the house.
Such curtains will not only become a harmonious addition to the interior, but also help to adjust the natural lighting of the room. A wide range of colors of voilev fabrics gives a huge scope for creativity in the process of window decoration.
What is a fabric-veil?
Modern veils are made from materials that are of artificial origin, mainly polyester. However, you can find a veil made from silk or high quality wool. Such fabrics are elite species and are very expensive. In the list of advantages of curtains from the veil can be called:
- the transparent fabric structure allows sunlight to pass through and creates a feeling of fullness in the room;
- the matte surface of the curtains of the veil allows you to smooth out the disadvantages of the interior and make the view from the window more attractive;
- the material reflects the sun's rays, so it allows to reduce the luminous flux penetrating through the windows located on the sunny side;
- the soft structure of the fabric drapes perfectly, forming beautiful folds of various sizes;
- the ability to combine multiple layers of fabric;
- a wide color spectrum, including fabrics, which can combine up to three color shades;
- the use of any methods of finishing curtains: embroidery, etching, appliques and even photo printing;
- the space in the care, after washing such curtains very often do not need to iron;
- affordable price.
Specialized retailers often offer plain versions of the veil of a wide variety of colors or fabrics that combine three or more shades. The theme of printed prints, as a rule, are natural or lace motifs. There are other technologies that allow you to make the range of veils more vivid and diverse.
Curtains of the veil in different purpose rooms
Romantic and light curtains from the air veil will organically fit into any style decoration of the room. To correct some spatial deficiencies in the room, several recommendations should be considered:
- for narrow rooms it is recommended to choose the vertical arrangement of the pattern on the fabric;
- For a room with low ceilings, a fabric with a horizontal pattern is best suited.
The veil, in comparison with the organza, can protect it from the sun rays to a greater degree.
For windows overlooking the shadow side of the building, short curtains from the micro-veil are best suited. This is a modern version of the veil, which has the thinnest structure of the fabric and the surface shining under the sun.
For the kitchen, curtains of a veil will be a very suitable option, with:
- it is best to make short curtains or such curtains, the length of which can be adjusted;
- as a decor for kitchen curtains, depending on the style, you can use braid, organza flowers, beads, metal or wooden decorative elements;
- The curtains combined from several colors of fabric will well look.
The two-color scale of curtains allows to bring a variety element into the room. Such curtains will create coziness and dynamism in the kitchen at the same time.
The living room is the most ceremonial room in the house. And the veil is the material that is able to emphasize its special status. Using curtains of a veil for the living room you need to remember a few rules:
- a plain or two-tone veil for window decoration in the living room should be matched in color and pattern to the curtains;
- the solemnity of the embossed veil curtains will add solemnity;
- natural shades in the interior will add two-tone curtains of green shade.
Choosing curtains in the hall, it is worth considering that their color should not merge with the colors of the walls. The window should be a separate decorative element, so in the living room is appropriate to use a variety of lambrequins.
A special atmosphere of peace and relaxation can create in the bedroom curtains of a veil of two colors. Simple recommendations will help to create a light and peaceful atmosphere:
- the use of a combination of beige and green natural shades will make the atmosphere in the bedroom more peaceful;
- in order not to be disturbed by the early sun rays, in the bedroom should be provided additionally more dense curtains, suitable for the color scheme to the veil;
- so that the harmony of the curtains and the interior of the sleeping room are final, you can use two-color curtains of a veil as a canopy for a bed.
The veil has less light transmission than the organza, so less direct sunlight will fall into the room. It looks organic on such curtains taffeta trim, embroidery with threads or sequins.
The room where the child spends time should be as positive as possible. And multi-colored curtains from the veil, most of all are suitable for creating such an atmosphere:
- simple models of curtains from the veil on the grommets look very harmonious in the child’s room;
- curtains, decorated with applications on children's themes, will add to the interior coziness and a sense of joy;
- design elements made of seashells, colored beads and organza will be appropriate decorations on the windows in the children's room;
- air curtains blue or green shades of the color spectrum will create a creative atmosphere in children.
Such curtains will wake the child’s imagination and at the same time bring peace and lightness to the space of the room.
Veil - a unique material for window decoration. It is perfectly combined with other materials and is suitable for windows of various rooms with different purposes. Properly selected curtains of the veil themselves become a decorative element that adorns the room.