A simple way to save on repair work of professional builders during the repair and to give the entrance group or the door a finished and original look - to trim the door slopes with your own hands.
Types of finishes
There are three options for the construction of door slopes:
- Installation of finishing material over plastered walls.
- Fastening the finish on a specially installed metal or wooden frame. This method additionally strengthens and warms openings, so it is especially recommended for the design of entrance doors.
- Installing the telescopic box for the design of the doorway. It includes dobora and platbands, which are simply inserted into the grooves.
Types of door slopes (ways of finishing):
- PVC panels, MDF, chipboard, etc .;
- finishing with drywall;
- wood trim;
- facing a decorative stone or tile;
- paint or varnish coating;
- plastering door slopes decorative plaster.
The surface of the slopes must be prepared under the plaster, frame or box with dobori:
- If the door slopes are trimmed after the entrance door is installed, it is necessary to dismantle the fittings (handles, locks and other protruding parts).
- Cover the door leaf with tape glued together. Interior door to cook in the same way.
- Cover the floor next to the door.
- Remove the old plaster or paint, if the slopes are painted. Remove debris, clean the surface from dust and stubborn dirt.
- Moisten the slots with water from a spray bottle.
- Fill the gaps with foam.
- After about 8-12 hours, cut off the excess foam with a sharp construction knife.
- To impregnate the walls with antiseptic properties, selected in accordance with the material (brick, concrete, wood, etc.).
If the project includes installation under the slopes of an electrical cable or other communications, then it is carried out at this stage.
The plaster of the door slopes is done as follows:
- Brush apply a suitable primer, wait until complete drying.
- Prepare the plaster mixture according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Put on the slopes small portions of the solution. To accelerate the setting in it add alabaster.
- Set beacon profiles using a level.
- Trowel to sketch plaster.
- Align the solution according to the guide-beacons with a spatula or a rule. Wait for drying (about a day).
- Install perforated paint corners at the corners.
- Apply a new layer of plaster.
- If decorative plaster or paint is chosen as a finishing finish, then after drying a third (finishing) layer is applied to the plastered surface. Under the paint plaster rubbed with a special float.
- The loose surface of the door slopes can be strengthened during the repair with reinforcing mesh. It is attached to the wall with screws or embedded in the first layer of the solution. Lighthouses put on top of the grid. Then act in the usual way.
The frame for finishing the slopes is made of metal profiles or wooden bars. How to make it:
- Brush apply a suitable primer, not leveling, wait for complete drying.
- Drill out the holes and insert dowels in them.
- Screw bars or profile screws.
- Fasten the details of the structure together.
- Check frame by level.
- If the door is entrance, then a heater is inserted into the gap behind the frame.
Types of finishing
Available option finishing finishing slopes - coating paint or enamel. Work to perform in the following order:
- Remove the door leaf from the hinges. If this is not possible, fix it in such a way that it cannot accidentally close during dyeing.
- On wooden slopes, pre-apply in 2-3 layers of impregnation (wood stain is suitable for varnish; under other types of coloring compositions it is possible to apply drying oil).
- Brush apply several layers of paint. Dry each layer before applying the next one.
How to paint the slopes? Dobor of MDF, laminated chipboard or wood can be varnished or painted "under the wood", in other cases the usual one will do.
For finishing slopes it is recommended to use the same wallpaper that is pasted over the walls. If the wallpaper will be decorated only slopes, it is desirable to choose monophonic, without drawings. The work is performed as follows (if the whole room is covered with wallpaper):
- Next to the opening, glue the whole strip (it should go on the opening).
- Notch wallpaper from above. Bend to the door slope. Cut not in a straight line, but diagonally, with a margin in height so as not to have a gap.
- Smooth glued strip, remove all bubbles. To do this, use a special wallpaper roller or rag.
- On the opposite side of the opening repeat all the same actions.
- Stick a strip over the door of such a length that it is enough to bend on the upper slope, with a margin for trimming.
- Cut corners with a margin.
- Finally glue the strip, cut off the excess.
- Make a transition between different materials (if the wallpaper will be only on the slopes) can be plastic corners. They are glued to liquid nails, silicone sealant, liquid plastic or polyurethane glue.
Wood, laminate, MDF and chipboard
The door slopes of MDF, wooden boards or laminate with your own hands, you can also glue or attach screws to the frame of the bars. The work is performed in the following order:
- Cut from the boards by the size of the slopes of the workpiece. Angles are recommended to be cut at a 45 degree angle.
- Glue the workpiece to the top of the opening.
- Press firmly with the shield and hold until glued.
- Sidewalls, with a layer of glue applied, attach to the slopes and install between them a strut.
- Attach the platbands with glue screws or glue, after the installed posts are glued. Hat caps can be masked with plastic caps in color.
The door slopes of laminate are made of panels, connecting them together in the usual way "thorn-groove". MDF panels, laminated chipboard panels, plywood or boards of small thickness can be fixed with mounting foam.
Tile and decorative stone
Doorways in rooms with constant high humidity are trimmed with ceramic-granite tiles, tiles or decorative stone. Tiles or panels of stone are glued with special glue to the plaster or moisture resistant plasterboard. When choosing material for repairing slopes, preference should be given to slabs and panels of small size. You can cut tiles and panels of decorative stone with a grinder; tile can also be used for tiles. Corners trimmed with special corners of plastic.
Finishing window and door slopes available for those who have no experience of similar work. This is a good way to give the door or windows a neat finished look.